Malaysian Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger

Elf Natural Radiance Blusher (Shy)

I was once a blusher freak. Seeing $1/$3 blushers on Elf, I quickly grabbed a few without thinking and ended up with a tiny mountain. I'm sure I'm not alone.. lols Anyway, I sold a lot of my impulsive purchases and am reviewing what's left.

I kept this cos I didn't have any soft pink blushers.


This is a seriously cheap casing. Not very secure and can be hard to open (it slides open). I wouldn't trust it to keep powder in. Which can be a problem cos this blusher is very fragile! As you can see, there are some cracks in it and every time I open & close it, it gets worse =/


If you're wondering why you can't find it, it's because it has been upgraded and is now called Blush with Brush.


I had just realized that there are so many new products now! @_@

*disappears for an hour*

I'm back with swatches~ As you can see, it's really light. Actually kinda light for my skin tone but I like the brightening effect. It just makes me glow. Good for when I wanna pretend to be a cutesy girl from Japan =x


Didn't touch up my skin here.. This is how my skin looks like with a pile of makeup lol Not that I'm insecure about my skin, but I think it's nicer to see photos of girls with nicer complexions xD

Anyway, see how it glows? I like!


The new packaging comes with a mirror & brush. I have a bigger mirror on my dressing table so I was like meh.. But that day, I applied makeup at my Bf's place and realized... How important mirrors in products are!!


Product says : This silky smooth powder blush melts into the skin creating a beautiful brightened glow. Formulated to create lasting color that accentuates your features and flatters your skin tone. A built-in mirror and brush are included for convenient flawless application. *New description
Ingredients : Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Dimethicone, Polyisobutene, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)
Size : 0.21 oz / 6 g
Price : RM 6.50 / $1 ($2 now)
Bought from : Elf
Made in China

Pros : Cheap, pigmented, easy to blend
Cons : Fragile, unavailable locally

My conclusion : Apart from the packaging, this blusher is good. I really like how it brightens my face but I wouldn't recommend it for darker skinned people. Sometimes I pair this with another blusher when I want more colour.

10 comments:

  1. Kristin Fulamak21 March, 2012 12:14

    I wished they didnt add the brush even though its only and additional 1USD but still if i were to buy 10 of these blushes i'd have 10 brushes that i dont need :/ 

    thn again its good to bring around for touch ups but ppl hardly touch up blushers like lips sticks 

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favourite blush from ELF :)
    Nice review..

    http://missbelanjaonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I would bring it out for 'emergency makeup' situations if my friends suddenly decide to eat in a posh place xP Or for work! But then again, I would prefer to bring my own brush =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. try elf studio ones, im in luv wif berry merry ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive tried a few. Berry Merry was too dark and purplish for me. Another one, the pinkish one with shimmer turned out too purplish too. I guess I just can't take purples

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like elf, but never tried their blushers before. I think the cheap packaging is expected since it's so cheap! xD but the color looks really nice! Thanks for sharing. ^_^ 

    ReplyDelete
  7. the color so sweet..love how natural pink color that blusher have..

    ReplyDelete
  8. the color so sweet..love how natural pink color that blusher have..

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look pretty and the blush suits u..


    visit my blog if you have time hehehe http://beauty-chica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Posts from the Past